Cure PCOS Naturally with a Good Diet Plan
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), is a hormonal disorder common among women of reproductive age that causes infrequent or prolonged menstrual periods or excess male hormone (androgen) levels. It is caused by an imbalance of the hormones involved in ovulation and menstruation. The ovaries may develop numerous small collections of fluid (follicles) and fail to regularly release eggs.
The most common symptom is irregular periods, which can range from having no period at all to having very heavy or long periods. Other common symptoms include weight gain, acne, thinning hair, and fertility problems. PCOS can also cause fertility problems.
If you think you might have PCOS, it is essential to see your doctor at a Chennai PCOS clinic for a diagnosis. There is no one-size-fits-all treatment for PCOS, but there are many options that can help manage the symptoms and improve your quality of life.
The role of diet in PCOS
There is no one-size-fits-all cure for PCOS, but there are many natural ways to manage the condition. A healthy diet is essential for managing PCOS. There are a few specific things that you can do to help manage your PCOS with diet.
- Try to eat a balanced diet that includes plenty of fruits and vegetables. This will help you to get the nutrients you need and maintain a healthy weight.
- Limit foods that are high in sugar and refined carbohydrates. These foods can trigger insulin resistance, which is a key factor in PCOS.
- Ensure to get enough protein. Protein helps to regulate hormones and can also help with weight management.
In case you are looking for the best PCOS treatment in Chennai, consider these dietary changes and consult with your gynaecologist or doctor.
Top foods to eat for PCOS:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables: Eating plenty of fresh produce is good for overall health and can help regulate hormones in women with PCOS.
- Whole grains: Whole grains contain fibre and nutrients that can help regulate blood sugar levels and promote weight loss.
- Lean protein: Lean protein helps the body to build and repair tissues, hormone balance, and blood sugar control. Good sources of lean protein include chicken, fish, tofu, legumes, and eggs.
- Nuts and seeds Nuts and seeds can be a healthy source of protein, fibre, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Some nuts are high in fat, so limit amounts to a small handful a day.
- Light dairy products: These are rich in calcium and low in fat. Choosing light cheeses, such as mozzarella, cheddar, and feta, over creamier varieties is a good way to reduce saturated fat intake.
- Plant-Based food for PCOS: Plant-based foods are a great way to help control PCOS. They are packed with nutrients that can help regulate hormones and insulin levels. Plus, they are low in calories and fat, which can help reduce weight gain. Include cruciferous vegetables like Broccoli, cauliflower, and brussels sprouts. Add leafy greens like spinach, kale, and Swiss chard that are loaded with vitamins and minerals to support healthy hormone levels.
There are several options for the treatment of PCOS in Chennai. You must evaluate your queries thoroughly and choose the best.